O Ring Manufacturing
Helix Engineering is involved in world class O ring manufacturing and manufacturers Aflas O ring in American Standard AS568, British Standard, metric sizes and in any custom size upto 2000 mm in diameter
Aflas is the registered tradename for a one-of-a-kind fluoroelastomer composed of an alternating copolymer of tetrafluoroethylene and propylene (“TFE/P”).
Properties Of Material Used In Aflas O Ring
Aflas O Ring has several distinct properties as below
• Excellent heat resistance
• Good chemical resistance
• High electrical resistivity
• Excellent oil resistance
Specifications Of Aflas O Rings
• Temperature Range
• The temperature service range for Aflas O rings is -20°F to +446°F.
Aflas is best suited in seal applications that require petroleum resistance, organic chemicals, acids, steam, amine and H2S resistance
Preferred Environment of Usage
The preferred environment of usage of Aflas O rings include petroleum fluids, brake fluids, bases, phosphate esters, amines, engine oils, hydrogen sulfide-bearing fluids, steam and hot water, pulp and paper liquids
Aromatic fuels, ketones, and acetone are incompatible with Aflas.
The electrical resistance of Aflas improves with heat exposure, according to tests. Physical properties aren’t affected either. The tensile strength of Aflas® material typically approaches 2,500 psi.
O-rings in mechanical seals must be resistant to a variety of chemicals in a single environment. When compared to other o rings, Aflas has superior chemical resistance.
Applications Of Aflas O Ring
- In some areas, O ring used downhole are exposed to corrosive gases such as H2S, high-temperature steam, or basic mud. Rubber parts made of Aflas last longer in these conditions.
- Aflas material is extremely reliable in applications that require excellent steam resistance.
Anti-corrosive additives are found in coolant in large diesel engines, and some of these can damage O rings.
- When compared to other materials used to make o-rings, Aflas has greater chemical resistance and elasticity.
- In this type of application, Aflas not only has a lower cost advantage but also longer service life.
HELIX contains O ring store and we can provide Aflas O ring as per client specifications.
There are no reviews yet.